If you follow me on Instagram you have probably seen that I bought some of the Shimmerz Paints texture pastes called Dazzlerz and Texturez. For me they are a new company and I wanted to share my first impression with you. To show how they compare to Dreamweaver texture paste, I created the following video.
Video Review of Shimmerz Paints Texturez & Dazzlerz Pastes
The video is a little longer. If you just want to see the dry paste, feel free to start at minute 5:48 and if you want to see all the pastes in close up (in their jars), you can jump to minute 12:23.
What Did I Create With The Tags?
While I was watching the paste dry, I had an idea for the white ones and already prepared the little pieces that I wanted to add. For the golden tag I used a fairy and a flower from the Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends set, colored them with Copics and fuzzy cut them out. For the “Dreamscicle” tag I used the Fairy with Flower from So Suzy Stamps, stamped her with Versamark ink and heat embossed her with black embossing powder. After fuzzy cutting the fairy, I adhered her to a piece of vellum and ripped it so the fairy has a little vellum border.
Now I prepared two strips of black card stock, stamped the sentiment “Never grow up” on both of them and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I also distressed the piece that is supposed to go on the Fairy with Flower tag. On the next day (after the tags were dry) I adhered the fairy to the bottom of the tag, added some washi tape (unfortunately I don’t know where it’s from) to the top and the black sentiment strip over it. Now I dabbed the border of the tag in black Archival ink and tied some gold twine to it.It kind of looks like it’s from the movie Peter Pan 🙂
I added the same washi tape to the bottom of the second tag, adhered the flowers to it and covered the stems with the sentiment banner. I added the fairy and the ribbon to the top and, after starring at it for a while, felt like it needed some more. So I grabbed some of the crumbled paper strips in white and gold and adhered them to the bottom, underneath the banner. To keep them in place, I bent them around the tag and added Scotch tape to the back.